Citrine Crystal is a wonderful gemstone that comes in various shades from the palest of yellows (almost as water clear as very pure quartz) to warm deep yellows reminiscent or amber, all the way to an reddish brown shade as can be seen in the image of raw citrine below.
Citrine Crystal is a member of the quartz family and is very close to being amethyst. In fact, amethyst and citrine grow together so often they can be cut into a single stone which highlights both the yellow and purple colors. When cut this way, they are called ametrine.
At one point in our history, citrine crystal was an extremely rare stone and could only be purchased at a price far too high for the average person. As modern day mining techniques came into use, it became somewhat less rare, but exquisite pieces can still fetch a high price even though lesser pieces are now very reasonably priced.
Citrine Crystal Metaphysical and Magical Meanings
- Often called the Success stone
- Some call it the Merchants stone and keep one in the cash register to attract more money.
- Helps to keep all types of relationships on a cool, calm, even basis, making it perfect for salespersons, families, doctors and any profession where excess nervousness can come into play.
- Useful for any type of manifestation work.
- Works on the solar plexus chakra which increases personal power and energy when fully activated.
- Has been said to remove unwanted spirits from an area. Some healers recommend using an elixir made from soaking citrine in water to sprinkle around an area to prevent the spirits from returning.
- Useful for those who need to use their creative abilities as it allows a clearing for the channels that allow the creative juices to flow.
- Do you have so many things you want to do that you find yourself flitting back and forth between them, rarely finishing anything? A citrines could be the perfect stone to keep you focus on a single task until it is completed.
- Enter a meditative state while holding a citrine, the begin to repeat a positive affirmation, staying focus on it for as long as possible. Citrines ability to amplify your intentions can bring the affirmation into your reality much faster.
- On the night of a full moon, go outdoors. Hold a citrine in your right hand and breathe upon it a wish for a specific object (not a person, an object). Then hold the stone up to the moon light and visualize the light flowing through to stone into you. Put the stone in a safe place until your wish comes true, then cleanse the stone under running water and give it back to the earth to be reused.
- If you live or pass by spoiled ground, purchase a quantity of inexpensive stones. Change them as above with the wish that they transmute all the negative energy into positive, then spread them around the outer edges of the property. Allow them to do the task you have set for them.
- Main Chakra: Solar Plexus
- Planet: Mercury
- Vibrates to the number: 6
- Element: Fire
- Astrological Sign: Aries, Gemini, Libra, Leo
Citrine TECHNICAL DETAILS
- Chemical Composition and Name – SiO2; Silicon dioxide
- Hardness – 7
- Specific Gravity –
- Refractive Index (R.I.) – 1.544 to 1.553
- Bi-refringence – 0.009
- Optic Sign –
- Optical Character –