The gemstone most people think of first when you mention pink gemstones is Rose Quartz. This is probably because it is one of the most abundant stones in the world. The are however many stones which must be included in any article regarding pink gemstones. The actual number of pink gemstones has increased in recent years due to technology. It is now possible to dye many stones pink or any color you prefer.
Some of the more commonly dyed stones you can easily find in a pink shades include:
- jadeite & nephrite
- dalmatian stone
There is much debate on whether dying stones is acceptable or not. We leave that decision up to you but urge you to read our article Dyed Gemstones and how to spot them, for more information on the effects of dying.
Natural gemstones which come in pink shades include;
- Pink Diamonds (very rare)
- Rose Quartz
- Rhodolite Garnet
Pink is a combination of the colors white and red. The strength and tendencies of any individual pink gemstones depends upon where the stone falls between white and red. A light pink gemstone would lean closer to the purity aspects of white, whereas a deep pink gemstone would be more to the fiery side.
As an example, pink is well known for its love aspects. A light pink gemstone would attract a love which is more gentle and sweeter in nature. A darker pink gemstone would have a more energetic and fiery aspect.
Other general metaphysical, magical and healing properties of pink gemstones are:
- Spirit fulfilled within you.
- Help with accepting who you are at this point in time, with all your faults and possibilities. This is without judgement and allows you to deal with each fault so the fullest aspects of your possibilities can shine.
- Increases self-confidence, self-reliance and self-esteem. Be careful however because too much pink can lead to the negative aspects of each of these states.
- Useful for anyone going through any type of grief or loss. It can soften the blow in a gentle way that allows you to move forward without pain.
- Good for any type of workings for beauty, especially good at anti-aging and restoring youthfulness.
- If you find yourself with too hard an edge to your emotions, trying bringing some pink gemstones into your life. It can help to soften the edges and bring a gentler side of yourself to the forefront.
- When used to attract love, pink gemstones will attract a love that is more apt to be long term rather than a short term steamy love affair.
- Pink is useful in areas where there is a lot of anger or hate. It can neutralize the negative emotions and help everyone within its range be more at peace.
- Is used as a secondary stone for the 4th or heart chakra.
Pink Gemstone Correspondences
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius, Leo, Libra
- Planet: Venus, Sun
- Tarot Card: The Lovers
- Element: Air
- Essential Oils: Apple Blossom, Apricot, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Gardenia, Ginger, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Rose, Sandalwood, Strawberry, Sweetpea, Tuberose.
- Herbs: Allspice, Avocado, Aztec Lily, Basil, Beans, Bishops Weed, Coriander, Cotton Rose, Crocus, Dropwort, Feverfew, Ginseng, Kava-Kava, Ladies Mantle, Maidenhair, Pennyroyal, Violets, Winter Cherry, Yarrow, Yerba Santa.
- Number: 0 & 1
- Direction: South
- Day: Friday
Bringing some Pink Gemstones into your life can have a positive effect on your mind, body and soul, if you will allow them to.